Topic: Lightweight Board, Heavyweight Performance
September 26, 2019, 5 – 8 pm – Columbia, MD
Continuing Education Credits Available – 1.0 Engineering PDH Credits
Our dinner meeting is the best place in the Northern Virginia, Washington and Baltimore region to network with people in the cold-formed steel industry: Contractors, suppliers, manufacturers, and designers are always part of the mix. Our dinners provide you the opportunity to:
- Network with industry colleagues during our cocktail hour.
- Learn about important industry topics (many of which include continuing education credits) from various industry experts.
- Andrew Schmidt, Senior Researcher, Acoustics – USG
- Kyle Flondor, Senior Researcher, Fire – USG
- Kenneth Wagner, Product Manager, Wallboard – USG
As the construction industry continues to evolve, dealers, contractors, engineers and architects are tasked with finding opportunities to work safer, smarter and more efficiently without putting their business or project at risk. To stay ahead, builders need the most innovative materials available. This presentation will focus on design trends and material technologies in steel-framed construction, the importance of balancing fire and acoustics and practical do’s and don’ts. It will also touch on a new lightweight Type X gypsum panel that not only answers the demand for more sustainable products, but also reduces jobsite stocking and hanging complexity while promoting greater worker safety and productivity.
Union Jack’s British Pub, Columbia
10400 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: (410) 740-5225
Visit www.unionjackscolumbia.com/ for directions
- $50 for MASFA members
- $60 for non-members
- Pre-registered by September 19, 2019; $65 for members and non-members after September 19; and $85 for any attendee payable at door (space permitting). No refunds will be provided after September 19, 2019.
$250 which includes one dinner, a tabletop to display your company’s products/services, listings in event promotional material (including mailings), and an opportunity to speak to the group for five minutes.