Demystifying EQ Studs – A Panel Discussion
March 14, 2019, 5 – 8 pm – Columbia, MD
Continuing Education Credits Available – 1.0 Engineering PDH Credits
Our dinner meeting is the best place in the Northern Virginia, Washington and Baltimore region to network with people in the cold-formed steel industry: Contractors, suppliers, manufacturers, and designers are always part of the mix. Our dinners provide you the opportunity to:
- Network with industry colleagues during our cocktail hour.
- Learn about important industry topics (many of which include continuing education credits) from various industry experts.
- Don Allen, PE, Director of Engineering – Super Stud Building Products
- Chuck Webb, PE, Technical Sales Manager – ClarkDietrich Building Systems
- Nicholas Citino, Regional Sales Director – Marino\WARE
Until the past 10 years or so, no engineering was required, and everyone just knew what was necessary for interior, non-structural framing. But that is changing. Manufacturers have developed various proprietary studs that may benefit the contractor and the project over the use of standard drywall studs. These new products have become known as “EQ” studs in the industry, with several different products out there from multiple manufacturers. Confusion has ensued, and there are many instances now in which architects, contractors, structural engineers and building officials are searching for help to understand and get guidance on the proper use of these new non-structural products. This session will consist of a panel of experts and manufacturer’s representatives who will enlighten attendees with knowledge and their experiences with the “EQ” products, as well as answer questions.
Union Jack’s British Pub, Columbia
10400 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: (410) 740-5225
Visit www.unionjackscolumbia.com/ for directions
- $50 for MASFA members
- $60 for non-members
- Pre-registered by August 29, 2018; $65 for members and non-members after August 29; and $85 for any attendee payable at door (space permitting). No refunds will be provided after March 7, 2019.
$250 which includes one dinner, a tabletop to display your company’s products/services, listings in event promotional material (including mailings), and an opportunity to speak to the group for five minutes.